How long does an eyelash extension allergy last?

Sometimes, it can take up to 3 days before you notice any type of reaction. If you start to experience these symptoms, they may last until the adhesive has completely left the eye. The reaction may continue to worsen as long as the eye is exposed to the adhesive (or allergen). Although irritations may have signs similar to those of allergies, they are usually less serious and go away once the adhesive heals.

This usually occurs within the first 24 hours after application. The irritation will only manifest itself in the form of redness, itching, and some minor swelling. Customers may also complain that their eyes are crying. Customers who develop an allergic reaction to their eyelash extension adhesives often experience swelling and itchy eyelids.

They usually appear within the first 3 days (72 hours) of the end of a tab service. Pain, redness and swelling: these consequences scare away many clients and keep them away from treatment. Allergies caused by eyelash extensions are extremely rare (less than 1% of confirmed cases of all complaints of various reactions after the appointment). The remaining 99% are the consequences of a bad job.

It is important to know everything about allergies and the differences with the results of the eyelash stylist's lack of professionalism. Here you'll read everything you need to know about allergic reactions to eyelash extensions. Sometimes, this will involve light treatment and guidance; other times, you will need to remove the extensions and then go to the doctor. While you can never be 100% sure what type of allergy you're dealing with, without further research, there are three main culprits that cause customers to suffer allergies due to glue for eyelash extensions.

While black adhesive is ideal for blending eyelash extensions into the natural lash line, some people are allergic to carbon black and will need to apply a clear glue to their lashes instead. Unfortunately, people with an allergy to cyanoacrylate cannot have eyelash extensions because there are no alternative ingredients. It is a common misconception that the only cause of irritation or adverse reactions when putting on eyelash extensions is the eyelash adhesive itself. Unlike allergies to eyelash extensions, eyelash irritations are the result of poor hygiene, poor application, seasonal allergies, chemical burns, or simply because the eyelash adhesive touched the skin instead of the hair fibers.

On the other hand, eyelash irritations go away quickly, but eyelash allergies worsen over time, as I shared initially. However, remember to tell the customer that latex-free glue will reduce the lifespan of eyelash extensions by about one week. When performing a test, the stylist only places 10 extensions per eye, to see if there is a reaction within 24 hours. If the allergy to eyelash extensions doesn't go away after 24 hours, be sure to remove them with a special liquid (remover).

Research latex allergies for people who experience sudden allergies after using extensions for a long time.

Jeanette Swart
Jeanette Swart

Wannabe tv specialist. Passionate coffee fanatic. Infuriatingly humble tv enthusiast. Hipster-friendly social media trailblazer. General internet buff.